Thursday, February 2, 2017

Some Food I Ate This Week

So I said I would share some recipes and throughout the week I've also been taking photos of some of the things I've eaten. First up, early mornings:





The first picture is a Quest bar. I wake up at 5:00 a.m. and hit the snooze several times while still trying to make it to my 5:30 workout. Since I don't want to go on an empty stomach, I usually grab a Quest bar and eat it in the car. My favorite are double chocolate and chocolate chip cookie dough. My husband cooks breakfast for me a lot right before I leave for work, which is typically what you see above-an egg over easy on a light whole wheat English muffin. If the yolk doesn't run everywhere, it was an unsuccessful morning. On weekends after a long run, I usually have this with turkey bacon and cheese. Oh and by the way, I get happier by the time I'm actually working out!


Lunchy Lunch:


This is pretty typical for me. I meal plan these out on Sunday. I steam the broccoli and just put a little salt on it. The chicken is always seasoned with Colonel De's Seasonings. This is their pork and poultry rub. We also use Old Smoky Bourbon Trail. I try to do half and half every week so it tastes differently. Find a Location
 If I don't end up having time to make chicken I get the Boar's Head low sodium turkey breast with avocado and Triscuits. I usually end up having a side of fruit as well. 

Snacks:

First off, I get into fruit obsessions and right now it's oranges so I've been consuming a lot of oranges. I like the Sargento Balanced Breaks packs because they are so easy to grab if I am running in between classes. This is my favorite one and it has white cheddar cheese cubes, almonds, and dried cranberries. They are delicious! Fresh Thyme has fresh honey roasted peanut butter and it's my favorite peanut butter in all the land. For a snack I typically will eat this on a rice cake. If I feel like  I need more protein, I will mix it with some lowfat Greek Yogurt and then spread it on a rice cake. It's good topped with a banana as well. I did learn that the organic rice cakes don't taste very good and fall apart when you try to spread anything on them. I'll stick with Quaker from now on. 

Dinner Recipes:
Okay, I thought I would just share recipes that we use regularly. Skinnytaste is my favorite website to get recipes from. She's not afraid to use spices, etc so the food doesn't taste bland. 

My favorite: Korean Beef Rice Bowl

Hearty Soup for a cold night baked potato soup

A way to cook chicken so it's not so boring. chicken and green beans

We probably have turkey tacos once a week. We use ground turkey instead of beef, use the taco spice from Colonel De's. I load mine with pico de gallo from Kroger (or I stop at Chipotle and get theirs,) spicy black beans, and a little bit of cheese. We serve it over rice or cauliflower rice. If you've never tried to make cauliflower rice you should! We replace regular rice with it in a lot of meals and it's so very easy.

T.J. has an electric smoker that we also have weeknight meals from. He uses the "Dadgum That's Good and Healthy" recipe book. I couldn't find any recipes online though, but we enjoy a pork loin cooked with sweet potatoes. 


What did you eat this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment