Sunday, January 29, 2017

Saturday

Saturday brought another long training run. It was a 9 mile run. I believe I've commented on this before, but I could not believe how easy a 9 mile run was this week compared to what it was in March of 2016. I'm actually going to go back and read my blogpost about the Heart Mini after this. I remember it being insanely hard and I was in utter shock that I ran 9 miles. Yesterday, I just went out and did it like it was no big deal. This is 100% the biggest mark of progress to me. The scale, photos, etc. are good, but doing things that my body physically struggled through before, now with ease, is the best sense of pride I get.

I also had some great conversation with 2 members from my group. I really feel the need to chat on long runs because they can get so redundant. Especially this one, which was at Lunken Airport and it was an out and back 2 times. The course is extremely boring. After feeling disconnected from my old group, it was good to see some new friendships forming. We also discussed travel quite a bit, which I love to talk about and hear stories of where others have  been.

Really flattering pictures of me this time.... lol

In the afternoon, I went to see my friend Megan in a Crossfit tournament that was being held at the gym where I work out. It was a crazy environment and I had no idea it was possible to pack that many people inside of that gym. It was a very odd smell of sweat and chili. I'm not sure I understood everything that was going on, but I liked that it was a team based competition. I think a lot of times it's just more fun to work with other people than to to work by yourself.

This particular challenge looked really fun. I love deadlifting!

Anyways, physical fitness can look so different based on who you are and what you enjoy. I've found that I love lifting weights and running. Others hate both of these things. I'm not sure that Crossfit would be something that interests me, but it interested a lot of people that were there. I don't like doing the treadmill or elliptical, but some people find these machines relaxing. The point is there are so many different ways to make your body healthier. Try different things out and see what you like, but don't give up just because you didn't like something the first time you tried it.

I'm going to post some recipes this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment