Saturday, February 4, 2017

Run, Selfie, Repeat

So awhile back, I began following a woman known as "Run, Selfie, Repeat" on facebook. The more I saw her post, the more I felt like we had a ton in common.Over the weeks, I've really enjoyed reading what she had to say and I love her confidence and reasoning behind it. She's definitely someone who inspires me and she loves selfies, so there's that! Then on my run today I was thinking about this post and her determination. It was 8 miles in the 15 degree cold, but I finished strong. This week she posted a picture with a caption on Facebook and I have to share her words instead of my own because they resonated with me so much.

She credits Banga Studios for the photo
"Why am I doing this." Honestly, it's a question I've been asking myself more than I'd like to admit these past few weeks. 

I'm not a professional athlete, I'm just a really vulnerable lady who runs for her life. I keep thinking back to how scared I was when I started BQ or Bust. How afraid I was to have to eventually admit that I was too afraid to stick with it because I'm a quitter. The more I go back and watch My BQ or Bust daily vlogs, the more I'm reminded of everything I learned about myself last year.

How no regrets, no excuses changed my life and forced me to stop playing it safe. Or that failure isn't an option if you give 100% of yourself to whatever it is your doing. Life is too short not to pursue the strongest version of yourself. And there isn't a damn thing pretty or picture perfect about that path. It's full of pit falls, grit, doubt, breakthroughs, setbacks, tears and sleepless nights.

Taking risks is what I love to do. Running keeps me moving forward whenever I try to pump the breaks. I'm remembering to trust myself. And to lean into the discomfort again. We all hold ourselves back or listen to the voice in our heads that tells us we're not good enough. F*** that. I want to go to bed every single night knowing that I didn't hold back. That if something horrible happened tomorrow, I gave everything I had to both myself and the people around me. Because life is too short.

Be brave. Be bold. And be vulnerable

As I'm reading this now, it has been exactly what I have been feeling for the last few weeks. Taking a risk like starting this training for a full marathon will test me, and it won't always be pretty. I am pushing myself to my limits right now, which is exactly what I thought I was doing this time last year. This year provides a whole new set of challenges. I'm doing something harder, I'm doing something different, I'm working harder than I ever have to be the best version of myself. I hope next year I look back at this challenge and can again be proud of my past, but taking risks to move forward.

Your time is now. Excuses are easy. You owe it to yourself to push the voice aside in your head and give it everything you've got.

"Life is too short not to pursue the strongest version of yourself."

Run, Selfie, Repeat


No comments:

Post a Comment