Tuesday, April 26, 2016

One Day Closer and A Special Thank You

So today I came to school to see that our gym teacher had picked up the shirts for the 26th mile and 5k. I was ecstatic because for the first time everything seemed really close!


I love the logo this year and the branding. The play on the pig "turning 18" is funny and I feel like the theme is a good one for my personality and my first Pig.

So I want to start out by giving my first thank you today. It may be one that has been given before, but I seriously could not have done all of this without my husband, T.J. For those of you that know my husband, you know that he is sort of a workaholic and will spend weekends working and late nights editing on his computer. Even with all that he has had going on, he never once complained about my training. I've been working out about 6 days a week and it usually falls right after work. This means dinner has been left up to him every night. He is a much better cook than me anyways, but it's been nice to not have to worry about where my meals are coming from after a hard workout and being exhausted. All of the meals we eat at home have been nutritious and have really taken into account the foods I am trying to steer away from.

I've needed/wanted running shoes, new running shoes, headphones, tech socks, tech shirts, tech capris, and sports bras. Let's not forget those hefty race fees and cost for being in my training group. TJ never said "wow, you're spending a lot of money." TJ truly has wanted me to have all the tools I need to be comfortable and successful. The early Saturday morning runs have meant I've been ready for bed at about 10:00 p.m. on Fridays. This has often meant that T.J. came home with me even when our friends were out doing other fun activities. After these Saturday runs I usually came home hangry and then took a shower and a nap. How boring of me. Did you read the post about T.J. running up Torrence with me when I was feeling like I wouldn't make it at the Heart Mini? He is truly awesome. Instead of complaining, these are the things I hear, "I'm so proud of you." "You are looking really good." "I know how hard you are working." "I don't mind helping you!"

Today, TJ asked me to stop at home before I went to my workout. When I came home, he said some really nice things to me about how proud he was of this journey that I've taken on. He didn't need to provide me with any gifts after these kind words, yet I got this:
Plus, I got a hydration belt that holds 2 water bottles. I think this will really come in handy when I am running this summer!

I'm not saying that either of us are perfect or that our marriage is perfect. I'm saying that life is so much easier and challenges are so much smoother when you have the right support. T.J. has been the perfect support for me and he truly has wanted this goal as much as I have wanted it for myself. I urge all of you to be your biggest fan for your partner. The difference it makes is huge. I know that it hasn't always been easy for T.J. or fun for him, but I know that he is willing to do it because he is selfless. So to T.J.-- I thank you more than absolutely anybody else in my life. What you have provided for me these last 6 months has been completely invaluable. You have helped me to accomplish difficult goals I have set for myself. You have kept me motivated and have forced me to believe in myself. Thank you for helping me take flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment