Monday, April 25, 2016

Excited, Not Anxious...Yet

As of today, I am not nervous about the race. I have been feeling really excited and just ready for it to be here. I went to an informational meeting about The Flying Pig at Bob Roncker's where people who worked for the marathon talked to us and answered different questions. It was very interesting. Funny story, I was out for a walk last week and actually met the Executive Director, Iris. She lives in my neighborhood and we talked for a few minutes. She was there today and remembered me. She seems so sweet and it's awesome that she works so hard for the organization. They have donated so much money to different charities in the area, and have really brought something unique and quirky to the city that I love so much. It's a lot to be proud of if this is where you call home.

Upon leaving Bob Roncker's I got to pick up my stuff for being a part of the training group.
My new training shirt and Feetures socks. I was hoping for orange shirts, but this will do too.

My friend Kelly bought me these amazing glasses...
Are these not hilarious? I can't wait to wear them post-race on Sunday. I'm having a brunch to celebrate with mimosas.

I want to talk about the people who have made this process so special, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet. It's been the journey of a lifetime and although there will be other training groups and marathons, (running is no longer a bucket list item for me) this crew has been extremely special. I will talk more about them on Wednesday after our last training session.

In the meantime, thank you all for cheering me on. You have been one of the biggest reasons that I have known this was possible. Now I feel like the sky is the limit. I am feeling so confident about Sunday and the kind words that you have all given me have resonated.

I'm prepared to fly and ready to spread my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment