Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Things I Love, Among Things I hate

Okay so Saturday I ran 11 miles. It was great, but I had such a busy weekend that I was unable to write about it. I plan on writing a post this week on Saturday when I run 12 miles, which will be my new personal record.

Since it is more time appropriate, I want to talk about today which incorporated speed work. I literally hate speed work. Hills are my preference of the two... yes, that's how much I hate it (see post on Farleks.) Today we did Yassos on a track. Yassos for me meant running 2 laps around the track at an 10 minute pace and then 1 lap around at a recovery pace of 11'30". We did this 5 times, then we had to run the mile back home. All in all it was 6 miles. 6 miles feels so much easier when it is just a steady run at a set pace. I hate the speed work. Did I already mention that? I feel like I can't catch my breath when I do it. Not to mention, I got new shoes and after today I am taking them back. They made my toes go numb and I had leg soreness from the start. I'm still in search for the perfect shoe, but I've found some other things that are perfect that I feel like I should share with you so it doesn't sound like this post is one long complaint....

First up... Sweaty Bands


These came in the mail this week. They literally DO NOT SLIP in your hair. The top picture is me after my run today and I didn't have to adjust that thing one time. I have tried so many products, and these are the absolute best I have found.

Next up, oatmeal

The oatmeal packets have a ton of added sugar. These are the Quaker 1 minute oats. I add cinnamon and then chop up an apple to help add some flavor. My trainer suggested I eat this to get some carbs in the morning. Just eating scrambled eggs was only protein, and you need carbs in the morning to burn off throughout the day.

Next, my husband recently purchased me a YETI tumbler. I should preface this one by saying I'm literally obsessed with drinking water throughout the work day.

This is a splurge as far as a cup goes, but it really does keep my drink cold all day long. I'm really going to appreciate this sucker at the beach and I appreciated it today when it housed cold water after my very sweaty run.

Last, I've received some sweet gifts from people who have been thinking of me. It always feels good to know that somebody went out of their way to make you smile.



The pig pants were from a coworker and the ceramic pig was painted by one of my students (with help from one of my coworkers.)  A special thank you to Megan, Kelly, and Tricia for helping me smile and encouraging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment