Thursday, March 24, 2016

Because I Can

So my plan of taking everything day by day has been actually working! Brilliant!

Monday I went on a run at A.J. Jolly Park with T.J. We didn't stay together but it will still nice to be exercising together. I appreciate his initiative to become more active with me. I ended up doing 4 miles and even went for some small hills instead of keeping it flat. I did it at a fast pace for me as well. Tuesday I did a fit class that incorporates dancing and some light weight lifting. After working with my trainer last Thursday, this was still hard as these muscles were sore.

Then came Wednesday...6 miles of hills from Newport to Mt. Adams. I was worried when I saw the route, I won't lie. From where I stood in Newport I started realizing that I was going to have to travel all the way to the art museum, which did not seem like a small feat. It wasn't. I never gave up though. I remembered how much I liked to encourage others so I was constantly saying things like "Come on guys, we got this," and "Don't give up, we're almost there." I like helping encourage other people, but I do this for myself too. It is a reminder that we are almost there. At the top of every hill, I felt so accomplished. (I wish I would have counted how many there were.) In my mind, every time I felt like it was getting hard I just kept saying telling myself, "because I can..." Sometimes I said it out loud to myself. This is something my trainer taught me on my first week. Your body will amaze you if you just remember that it's possible.


That's me with two thumbs up because I said f you to all of those hills. What a great feeling it was running back towards Newport. I am forever in awe of the places my feet have taken me...

Today I went to go meet with my trainer. I was so proud when she asked me how my "daily do's" were going. This is a routine she gave me to do every day. I have done them religiously and used the app she recommended for logging food. Today after weight lifting, she let me do boxing. OMG I loved it, even though I was dripping with sweat. It's a lot harder than you may think! Today I worked out amongst crossfitters who were trying to lift huge weights and I didn't even feel uncomfortable. I felt like I was there to get a job done and I was going to do that job no matter what. Negative self talk would usually tell me that these people are watching and judging me or making fun of me behind my back. Today I felt confident as I was throwing punches at my trainer. (Megan) I even made some small talk with them about Harry Potter. Megan has such a positive attitude. I really like the things she has already started instilling me with.

I came home and tried on my very first 2 piece bathing suit that shows a very small portion of my stomach. I'm not exactly comfortable with it yet, but I'm closer than where I was last year, so I think I'll keep it instead of returning it.

So with a "because I can" attitude you can "because you can" your way through anything. I was tested this week, but I did not give in.

11 miles Saturday and I. will. murder. it.

I think my confidence is coming back......

No comments:

Post a Comment