Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What I Ate Today

Not surprisingly, my last food post has been my most popular post to date. This makes sense to me because food is the most difficult part of losing weight in my opinion because I don't mind exercise at all. I love having new ideas about food and/or recipes that I myself can try.

Breakfast:
]

These are Think Thin High Protein Bars which I find myself eating frequently because I am not very good about managing my time in the mornings. These bars have zero sugar which is something I often look for. I have tried several flavors that I've really enjoyed. This is creamy peanut butter but there is also a chocolate brownie that I like. A few days ago I tried a caramel one for the first time and that one was also good. Lots of protein in the morning is important to me because I don't want to find myself snacking on junk before lunch. One bar has 240 calories.

Lunch:

This is the wrap I packed for lunch. I packed it in the morning and then wrapped it in foil so it wouldn't get soggy. The wrap is a Flatout brand wrap which has 90 calories. On the wrap, I spread some garlic and herb hummus. Then I placed Boar's Head low sodium turkey breast on the wrap. Next you have the layer of baby mixed greens and a tiny sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese. I ate this with grapes and my water which had half a lemon in it.

Dinner:
It's 8:16 and I'm just now eating dinner. Sometimes that's just how it rolls here. Making working out a priority has meant that I can't always eat dinner at a convenient time. Honestly, that's been really good for me because at 6:00 I used to think "I have to eat, it's dinner time," even if I wasn't really hungry. Now, I feel like I sort of let eating take a back seat. I don't eat this late every night, but sometimes it happens and I've learned to be more flexible about that. I did have some hummus on pita chips before my run so I could have some energy to run. I was feeling hungry. 

Anyways, healthy broccoli chicken casserole can be found here. This recipe is made without any of those preservative ridden "cream of whatever" soups and instead uses Greek yogurt and dijon mustard. It kind of sounds weird, but it's delicious! 



This recipe requires some things that we don't buy regularly and it uses a lot of dishes and is somewhat time consuming. Therefore, T.J. made 2 pans and one of them will be put into the freezer! This is a great way to save time for those of you who have issues finding time to cook. Make it when you do have time and save it for a busy weekday when you can just pop it into the oven. 



If you try it out, let me know! Special thanks to T.J. for having dinner ready when I got home from my very first running group marathon training run. It was great, but I will post more about that after I do my second run on Saturday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment