Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On 24 degree weather....

WOWEEEE! It's chilly out there! My running group did not cancel our weekly meeting so alas, I was caught running my very first time in temperatures this cold. I felt very cold at the beginning, but once we got started I began warming up, even though my snot was freezing! The main thing I noticed was I found it harder to breathe. The air was so cold that it was hurting my throat and chest when I would suck in air. It still feels sore. I was glad I did it though, because making excuses is not going to get me to my goal!

Here's what I wore. I'm going to just let you know right off the bat that I love Nike exercise clothes. Yes they are expensive, but I feel like they are good quality and they just fit me well and they don't fall down while I am trying to run. . I have on the Nike hyperwarm running pants. These are awesome because they aren't like fleece on the inside but they are still warm. I have on the Nike hyperwarm quarter zip as well. Same thing with the pants, it's not fleece on the inside, so I don't overheat or feel wet, but it does do a good job at keeping me warm. The vest is from Old Navy's athletic department. It sort of resembles a garbage bag, but it does its' job too. My core was toasty! Obviously gloves are a must, but I took them off because my hands got hot-wear something with pockets in case this happens. The headband was made for me by a family member and helps keep my ears warm but doesn't make my whole head get all sweaty. Our running group sent out this guideline for clothing in the winter:

Finally, this is what my pacing looked like today. 


I want to be able to run my miles faster, but I still want to feel okay breathing wise. We will see where my training takes me. I know it's important to listen to my body!

Excuses are easy. Put in the hard work and you'll always be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment