Monday, August 8, 2016

Back in Action

It's been awhile since I've posted and I thought about not starting the blog again since my original idea was to post my journey to the Flying Pig Half Marathon. I've conquered that, so what's left for me to talk about, right? In actuality, the Flying Pig was just a blip on the radar of the healthy lifestyle I want to live and the athletic challenges I want to conquer. My journey started (pre Flying Pig training) last year on the first day of school. As I approach the first day of school on Wednesday I thought it was a good time to look back at my journey and remember why I'm still on it.

Let's take a journey in pictures.....

2013 I think...?
October 2015
December 2015
July 2016
July 2016
I had to include 2 recent pictures because I like myself a whole lot more now. I'm 47 pounds lighter now than I was in the first picture. In addition to being smaller on the scale, I'm happier, I have more energy, I'm more confident, and I'm stronger (physically and emotionally.)

Summer got me a little off kilter and as my schedule changed, my diet also suffered. Luckily, I've become so obsessed with working out that I've been able to combat this, but I'm ready to be more holistic again with my health journey.

I'm starting this blog again because people have told me I've inspired them. In reality, this helps to inspire me and the blog and facebook postings help to hold me accountable. I don't talk about these things to brag, I talk about them because I'm proud of my accomplishments, but I also want people to know that they can do it too and it's nothing that is impossible. I want to continue to post my results, but I also want to get more into posting recipes and ideas or motivations for others who feel like they need that extra push because I'm so passionate about it. Ask anybody that is around me how much I talk about it!

I'm currently training for the Indy Monumental Half Marathon. I also work out with a trainer 2 days a week and I've gotten really into lifting weights.

The blog has helped me to think and brainstorm about what I want for myself this year and this has led me to realize I need to make a new vision board and goals for the upcoming school year. I will share some of these goals with you. I challenge you to do this too. I truly believe an attitude of optimism is the best tool for achieving goals.

You'll hear from me again soon because I will remain a pig a flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment