Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Week 5, Seeking Revenge

If you read my last two blogs, you know that week 4 was tough for me. It was definitely the week full of almost barfing. I made it through and tried not to let myself get discouraged. Today was hill training. It already sounds really fun, right? The night was spent running the hills of the Taylor Southgate Bridge and the Purple People Bridge. We were supposed to exert ourselves to a 7 or 8 going up the hill and then once we were at the top, we were allowed to run at like a 3 or 4 level exertion until we got back to the next bridge a.k.a. the next hill. It was some intense running. I didn't eat right today and didn't drink enough water so I was in cramp central, but I did not feel like I was going to throw up. Not at all. When our coach asked us if we wanted to exert ourselves for one more hill climb, we were all on board, even me. I can't tell you how good that felt! We ended up doing about 5 miles, which is quite a lot for a weeknight run, but I did not feel bad at all. I was even cracking jokes about the guy we passed who was smoking a blunt...I can't make this stuff up. Either way when I got back into my car, all I could think was,

I feel great!

After the run, a few of us began talking about what makes a good runner. It kept coming up that becoming a better runner is not just about running. It's about what you do besides running. It's about core work, and cross training. It's about stretching and yoga. It's about a lot of things. For the first time in my life I honestly feel like I am on the right track.
This is me stretching in my living room after our run. Stretching is so important to help prevent injuries

I was hungry as a bear and needed a quick dinner. Egg, 2 slices turkey bacon. heart smart biscuits, and freshly cut pineapple. It was quick, easy, and delicious. 




No comments:

Post a Comment