Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Grow Flowers

Starting school again has been difficult this year, as I know it probably is for most teachers, parents, and students. We've all gotten used to no schedules. I know I personally had gotten used to daily naps, a wardrobe of workout clothes, lunches out with my husband, and at times being downright lazy. Now that school is back the naps have ceased and I have to make sure to meal plan on Sundays in order to fit dinners and lunches into a full day. I'm also changing positions at my job this year which has come with some adjustments. I don't immediately have students, which has been hard for me because I love building relationships with "my kids" right from the beginning. I'm currently doing a lot of testing so I'm seeing kids for 15-20 minutes at a time. Having taught for 5 years doing pretty much the same job, I had gotten in such a routine of what these first weeks of school look like so this year has been out of the norm. I also have my "back to school sinus infection" and have been feeling under the weather.

This time of the year it's easy to get grumpy. I like many people am tired and running on coffee (oh and nasal spray for me.) I'm working to stay upbeat while I'm falling asleep on my way to workout. I'm trying to dig back out my professional outfits when I haven't seen them in two months and forgot that the shirt I'm wearing had a stain on it. However, I'm lucky enough to get to walk past this bulletin board every day in our school and I get a silent reminder.

When I see this, it sort of puts me in a good mood and changes my perspective (thanks Jacqueline.) I remember how grateful I am to have this job in a building with coworkers who take care of each other, which has already been evidenced. I remember that I'm lucky to have a gym where I can go to work out and a running group that helps to relieve stress. I'm thankful to have a husband that helps me cook healthy meals each night and never complains. 

Once you get in a cycle of negative thinking, it just keeps going. You have to be the person that grows the flowers, because nobody wants a garden full of weeds, or a life of negativity.
I have a friend that posts on Facebook once a week about things she loves. Once she brought up the memory of playing the game of sardines as a kid, which I feel like brought out good memories for everyone, so I thought I'd steal her idea and put it on some of my blog posts. Hers are way more quirky and fun though. :) 
10 things I'm super happy about RIGHT THIS MINUTE 
1. Being a Flying Pig Ambassador- follow me on Instagram my main platform for sharing lauren_ritter_bitter
2. Coffee date with my husband this morning. Anybody else LOVE Coffee Emporium?
3. Friend told me about potential tickets to a UK basketball game this fall. Road Trip!
4. Taco Tuesday w/ avocados
5. My dog didn't throw up when I got home like she did yesterday. Happy to see me?
6. Photos of all the cool places I visited this summer.
7. I didn't hear Post Malone's "Psycho" on the way home.
8. Being barefoot after spending the day in uncomfortable shoes.
9. Up and Vanished podcast, about to listen to the new episode...EEK Are you a fan? 
10. My sister signed up for the Queen Bee-blog to come about that this week!!!! 
Bonus: keyboards for iPads. 

Tell me what you are happy about RIGHT THIS MINUTE! We can help each other grow our gardens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment