Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Girl Boss

As you may have noticed in my previous post, I have had a problem with negative thoughts popping into my head and I've quickly realized that I am 100% not alone in this. In fact statistics show that 100% of people have doubts. Okay, I made that up, but you get the point. This week I've been trying to change the dialogue. What a better way to do so then to listen to music with a positive message. The following videos are some of my favorite songs that make me feel like an empowered woman.

First up: Demi Lovato's "Confident"

Favorite lyrics: What's wrong with being confident?

Seems cheesey right? But seriously, we've told women that it's not okay to be confident in society. This is the first time that I feel like women are becoming stronger in our culture and I love it. Being confident doesn't make you cocky or a bitch. It makes you strong. 

Second Up: Beyonce's "Run The World"



Favorite lyrics: "I'm repping for the girls that's taking over the world. Help me raise a glass for the college grads." "How we smart enough to make these millions. Strong enough to bear the children, then get back to bidness." 

I freaking love Beyonce. She doesn't just sing these words, she lives them. She makes me feel confident whenever I see her perform. Beyonce is not about being stick thin or conforming to what others want, she's about embracing who she is and running with it. I think we could all learn a lot from her. 

Next on my playlist: Sia with "Alive" 

Favorite lyrics: "I knew what I wanted, I went out and got it. Did all the things that you said I wouldn't. I told you that I would never be forgotten."

Sia has the most amazing and unique voice. This song is about overcoming struggles and still coming out alive and breathing. It's beautiful. Sia is a person who also doesn't want to conform to the regular identity of women in Hollywood. Her videos are often seen as odd or weird and she never stars in them. 

Everyone deserves to feel like a girl boss. Listen to these songs to help you when you are experiencing negative self talk. Be a Demi, Beyonce, or Sia.... Or they would probably just want you to be yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment