Saturday, May 6, 2017

Less Than 24 Hours

Yesterday I went to the expo and I honestly got really excited. It's a neat experience and there's just a buzz of excitement in the air. I was pumped seeing all of the Flying Pig gear. I bought 2 shirts and a hat, plus got a first time marathoner shirt and bib. Looking back on it, I wish I would have bought more. When I finish this thing, maybe I can reward myself with all the goodies!

Today I helped out with some students from my school who were participating in the Flying Pig 5K and 26th Mile. One of my students actually asked me to run the 26th mile with her and while I wasn't planning on doing any running today, I had fun watching crossing the finish line with some awesome fifth graders.

As I'm getting everything ready today, it's hard not to at least be a little bit scared. The truth is, I'm most afraid of failing myself. I have goals in mind that I want to accomplish and when you work towards something for a long time and pour yourself into it, it's hard to imagine what it will feel like to not accomplish those goals. It's hard to think about what will happen if you disappoint yourself. Something that has really made a difference to me, and has helped me to believe in myself more, is all of the people who have reached out to me to wish me good luck. I know that literally everyone and their brother knows I'm running the full marathon. I realize that at points I've become downright annoying with posting and talking about it. Even though this may have been the case, I have had text messages, facebook messages, in person messages, cards, cookies, a mug all to send me good wishes. A lot of people have told me that they're inspired by me. This is absolutely mind blowing to me when I think about where I have come from. I really do want to inspire people because at one point in time there was no part of me that thought I would be interested in running. Tomorrow I'm getting ready to take on 26 miles. I can't really predict how this will go, but I promise I will give it my all.  I promise to do whatever is in my power to keep pushing. I promise not to give up on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment